Counselor Rules and Expectations
1. Our job is to care for our campers. Keep them safe; physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
2. Sunday afternoon prior to the counselor meeting; greet your campers at the cabin and help them get settled. Give them info of the schedule for that day and help with directions.
3. Make all campers feel welcome, especially those who are new.
4. Continually be on the lookout for "loners".
5. Check to make sure your campers have everything they need. Some may have forgotten necessary items and may not ask to get something.
6. Riding in back of vehicles or golf carts is not permitted; please discourage it.
7. Counselor cars may be parked at the cabins.
8. Both counselor from each cabin must be at swim time and both at craft each day.
9. Enforce camp rules.
10. When campers are in the cabin, you must be there too. One counselor must attend trips to cabins.
11. Monitor camper behavior during worship and devotional times. A counselor needs to be with the campers who leave these activities.
12. All talent entries must be screened. Please save everyone from embarrassment.
13. Check to see that campers are covered appropriately when traveling to/from pool.
14. Know when your cabin/team has a job and see that it's done.
15. Encourage team spirit and unity, pray before each sporting activity.
16. Make sure campers are where they are supposed to be continually.
17. During sports, swimming, arts and crafts, campers need to be at the activity, no exceptions.
18. Make sure campers show up on time to help with kitchen duties and no one leaves until dismissed by kitchen director or counselor.
19. Be a role model, follow rules that campers have to follow.
21. Serve people and pitch in where needed.
22. Attend all activities unless there is a need with a camper.
23. Dress Code to be monitored by each cabin’s counselor. If you have problem with camper outside your cabin see head boys or girl’s counselors.
24. Counselors who aren't teaching camper classes need to be in a bible class.
25. Monitor bathroom supplies and replenish if there's a need.
26. No staff/camper relationships.
27. Have cabin and other duties covered before leaving camp on Saturday...do not leave your work for someone else.
1. Writing on buildings or structures is not allowed.
2. Pick up trash when you see it and put it in the trash bins.
3. When a meal is served; ask for only what you will eat.
4. Hand holding is the only acceptable form of PDA.
5. Participate actively during Reflection Time.
6. Everything at camp is for the purpose of glorifying God and to strengthen our relationships with Him, His Son, and each other.
Electronic Policy Including Phones:
1. Campers will be allowed to have their cell phones to use during the day but must be respectful with them at all times.
2. They may be used for alarms, electronic bibles, to take appropriate pictures, and to communicate with parents.
3. They may NOT be used in any bathroom or shower facility, as a distraction during any activity including bible classes and worship times. Inappropriate audio/video will not be played from them as well. Make sure no one is changing or not dressed appropriately while taking pictures or videos in the cabins
4. Abuse of this policy will be cause for confiscation of cell phones/MP3 players. They will be given to the director/his designee and may be asked for no later than Saturday morning.
This will be performed daily during sports. Prior to that cabin counselors should supervise clean up.
Tasks to accomplish:
1. Beds made
2. Trash picked up/cans emptied
3. Pick up any trash outside
4. Floor swept
5. If it's your cabins assigned day for bathhouse duty, sweep and clean it out.
6. Bag all trash and set out for pickup near the road every morning.
Cabin reports will be announced before lunch.
If a cabin receives 'Black Cabin', that cabin will sweep out the amphitheater during free time and pick up trash around camp. Two days in a row with Black Cabin will result in cleaning the bath house before bed that night. 'Gold Cabin' will be first in line from lunch to breakfast on the next day.